Thursday, April 22, 2010

support system..or lack of!

This is just me venting a little bit, remember I am sleep deprived, emotional, and a new mom of 2! I am surprised at the lack of support that some of the family has given us through our new journey as parents. I wonder if it would have been the same response had we had a biological child. I would hope not but I guess I will never know. I feel like we were meant to be foster parents of these two precious boys and if they go back I count the days that they were in a clean safe enviroment and if they stay forever, praise GOD! I love them so much as if they were my own, maybe that is why I am surprised at some of the families reaction. It is not a negative reaction just different then what I had expected. Oh well I am very happy and I know that my family will come around in time, or maybe not, they might not ever realize the joy that comes with fostering and thats ok. It is not for everyone.

I want to say a special thank you to all my foster mommy friends and to "super nanny" and to my best friend/soon to be sister in law! Thank you so much for your support and getting me through day to day!

1 comment:

Caitlin and John said...

Hugs Mama : ( I know exactly what you mean. Some of our family members are the same way. I know it would be different with bio kids. It hurts because we want everyone to love these kids the way we do. Not everyone gets that while they are in our home they are OUR kids. I hope whoever it is comes around and supports you.