Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tomorrow, Friday June 18th

Tomorrow is a big day in the Kirk household.

Michael and Christopher have a supervised visit with their biological mom tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. This is the first attempt she has made to see them in 3 months. Please pray for security for the boys, we will be having our repite worker, that is very close to the boys take them to the visit. Please pray for peace and understanding. Christopher wont have a clue what is going on but Michael I am afraid will be very confused at the whole situation. I am nervous for him. I am nervous for both of them. The bio mom has not seen Christopher since he was 3 months old, she does not and will not know what his cries mean, when hes tired, hungry, or what he wants. I am thankful they are supervised and I will be waiting in my car right around the corner! The boys CASA worker is also coming tomorrow afternoon. She is the court appointed advocate for the children, whatever she says goes as far as permancy for the kiddos!

Jonathan will also be having a visit with his biological mom tomorrow at 2 pm. It is right in the middle of his nap time so I am praying that he is not to wild at his visit. It is also supervised and I will not be there. I hope that he understands. This will be the third no call no show if she doesnt show up tomorrow.

Please pray for security, peace, understanding, and the will to follow through with everything related to foster care.

I know this is our first visit and I hope its the hardest! Thank you in advance for your prayers, and I will update tomorrow evening and let everyone know how they went. :)

1 comment:

Caitlin and John said...

Try not to worry too much! My kiddos have visits and I think they just think it is playtime or something... too young to understand really. I think it is harder on us than them ; ) Send a note with the baby saying when he will likely get hungry/tired/etc, that might help them figure it out. Best of luck, I'm sure it will go fine. Hugs!