Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What is Home?

(before I start, I just want to say thanks for reading...its crazy that people all over the world have seen a small glimpse inside our lives through this blog! so THANK YOU!)

Home. Church home. Home plate. Home sweet Home. Mi Casa Su Casa. Away from home. Always at home. Stay at Home Mom. Where is home?

Where is home? Where is our home? As a coaches family home isn't just where you live, its not the place you come to sleep, shower or eat, its not the 4 walls and a roof, and its definitely not where your coaching at the time, or is it? Is Haskell our home? Is Haskell Church of Christ our "home" church". Is Weinert our hometown? Will we raise our kids to call this our home? So many questions that only time will tell but in our hearts its confusing [and comforting].

Many times over the last couple of months we have said we are so glad to be here. We know that the Lord has moved us here for a reason. We are safe. We are encouraged. We are loved. We are accepted. We are happy. We are home. Most coaches move so often that their kids don't really have a place to call home. We are praying that our kids can call Haskell home.

A huge part of our lives is in church. We have tried so many in Haskell and in the area. Nothing will compare to Cornerstone in Stephenville and oh how we miss that church, Pastor Ed, my spiritual sisters and brothers, and so much more. We are open to trying most churches except the Church of Christ. We have a [personal] history there, nothing against Haskell C of C. We were raised Baptist, attended non denominational and Assembly of God, Cowboy churches and many others but I was NOT going to step foot into a Church of Christ.

Sunday was our second Sunday at Haskell Church of Christ.


We were safe. We were encouraged. We were loved. We were accepted. We were happy. Were we home?

I am reminded of Matthew 18:20, the church is not about the name on the building but the people in and who they worship. 1 Corinthians 1:9. Most church practices are were developed from people of the world, people opinions or interpretations of the Word. I know that if I confess my sins, proclaim that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my heart that I will be forgiven and live eternally with the Lord. Does it matter if have communion every Sunday or twice a year? Does it matter if we have a full band or sing accapella, does it matter if we kneel, sit or stand, if we raise our hands? I don't have the answers but I am looking forward to finding them. 1 Thesselonians 5:22 says examine things carefully. We have we have learned that many of the people attending the C of C are living The Word daily, equipping the saints for works of service. [Ephesians 4:12]

Sometimes I think to myself this is all to good to be true and it is bound to come crashing down at any moment but now I choose to speak life. I am grateful. God has blessed us.

I pray we are home.

No comments: