Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Getting back in the game!

Well now that everything is official I am the newest exchange coordinator for Share! Southwest, our exchange organization! I am so excited about this new journey. We are unsure if we will host again (just because I don't think we could get a better student then Finn) but we will definitely not even consider it until Finn goes back home. We will cherish every moment with him while he is here!

So what will I do exactly?

I will be recruiting host families for our partner organization and welcoming our exchange students, settling them into their new home in America and following up with the student and host family throughout the year! I will get to work from home and kind of make my own schedule which will be nice. Our area manager is in DFW area so it will be a lot of communication through email and over the phone.

Why did I decide to do this?

Well I think that's kinda obvious! I want EVERY one to get to experience what we have experienced this year so far. It is life changing. I also am a part of on Exchange Student Facebook group (the let the mom in, can you believe it!?), anyways, on any give day I will have 2-3 exchange students message me asking for help, advice, how to approach a subject, questions about American culture, etc., I just love helping these students out! My personal Facebook page is slowly becoming everything BUT English, and I love it! :)



So if you are interested in becoming host parents feel free to message, call, email, text, whatever and I can explain more, although you may not get a student as AWESOME as Finn! Just kidding [kinda] there are many many good students! We have 8 students waiting to come to America in January, boys and girls and from Australia, Germany, and Italy. If you would like to see their profiles and are interested please contact me for more information.

Stay tuned for the FAQ's about hosting!

Mkirk.bigcountrysharesouthwest@gmail.com

No comments: