Wednesday, November 20, 2013

POST SEASON!

Well I haven't updated since August---I just thought things would slow down and I would have more time after school started! So to bring you up to speed from the last post I will update on each of the little blessings in my life! We are now headed into Round 2 of the playoffs and the Bearcats are giving it their all! I have enjoyed this football season more than any other season yet. The parents are so supportive of their team, the coaching staff is very well balanced and the players, well I cant say enough good about them! We as a family have gotten really close to a couple of the players and I am so blessed by their relationships and friendships that have made with the boys. Coach loves Deleon and so do we, we are even discussing buying a house here, eeeeekkk!, that's a big deal for coaches! We have joined the First Baptist Church too since I posted last, we feel like its home, we have made some really good, close, safe friendships there and can't wait to continue to grow in different ministries. I have struggled with the loss of our church family at Cornerstone but stand firm that God will fill that void in His own way. I have developed 3 really close friendships and several good friendships, that has been a struggle in the places we have lived in the past because I was always busy with the kids and they have welcomed the kids and I everywhere we go, people step in and help out all the time, which they may or may not know but it is a huge blessing. :)

#4-- Jaxon is getting so big. He can crawl, cruise on furniture, and bear crawl! He is up to 24 pounds and 26 inches long. He wears 12-18 month clothes and we just celebrated his 10 months! I can't believe he will be 1 in just a few weeks. I love seeing him grow up and get to be home with him for all his milestones. He has been going to physical therapy for almost 6 months now and has improved his torticollis (shortening of muscles in the neck on one side) but still has a ways to go as it has effected the whole right side of his body, so we will continue to go to Abilene once a week until he's up straight, big and tall! He says mama and no no and Coach really is working on dada!

#3--Biscuit is doing great! He loves staying at home with me and cuddling on the couch and being the big brother while the boys are at school but by the end of the day he is ready to pick up the boys from school, I mean mom cant be fun for that long! He loves our new pet, Hass, they are best friends. Hass is a boxer that we rescued. He was being starved and we have had him about 6 weeks and he is finally starting to put some weight on.. (Ill post a picture below of our new big brother!) Biscuit rides him around and wrestles with him EVERY day! Biscuit loves some Bearcat football and even had a Bearcat 4th Birthday party in October. I cant believe he is already 4, he is so excited about going to school next year!

#2--Well well well... Michael has been working so hard in Kindergarten, he LOVES going to school, his teacher, his friends, lunch time, recess, and everything in between, oh and nap time is his favorite! He is going to physical therapy 2 times a week and occupational therapy 2 times a week to help him grasp those lacking gross and fine motor skills. He has joined 4H and just competed in his first competition, the Food Challenge. He likes being involved in something but were still not sure 4H is for him (see pictures below, haha) Michael is doing really good with his braces and they are just a part of him, he completely accepts them and we havent had any negative reactions! He also lost his first tooth, and by lost I mean swallowed!

#1-- Jay is growing up fast too! (they all are really) He turned 7 this summer and hit a big growth spurt, even though he is still really small for his age! He played football this season and did well! He had some dedicated coaches and he enjoyed the season. His grades are good and he LOVES going to school and his teacher! He has made several good friends and I am so proud of him. He is fun and loving and would give anyone the shirt off his back if they needed it! He is my little helper and loves his little brothers.

Now for Coach--well if you see him tell him we said hi! haha! He is so busy with football and he is coaching JV girls basketball and then we will go straight into baseball! Woo Whoo! But he is an amazing daddy and does the best he can to take care of all of us!

We have had some other pretty heavy stresses in our life lately that hopefully we can celebrate soon and share with you all but for now I will leave you with these encouraging verses I have received while we try to navigate down the path that God wants for us. I have a bad habit of trying to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders alone and if I do not tell anyone then the fear, worry, the burden wont be real, however this is VERY real and I am so thankful that the few that I have shared with have reacted in prayer, love and encouragement.


  • "Give all your cares to Him...He cares for you!" 1 Peter 5:7 
  • "They will have no fear of bad news..." Psalm 112:7 


Well it is Wednesday and that means therapy in Abilene so I better get to going! The boys will be up soon and there's no stopping them! I will try to post more than twice a year, TRY!

Enjoy the pictures!
 Michael and Bob, Michaels first lost tooth, Michael at Therapy and Michael and his best friend.
 Halloween 2013-- My superheros and the little mouse!
 Jay and Jax, Jay winning the seed spittin contest, Jay's first day at school and Lunch with Mom
 Homecoming 2013! Go Bearcats
 Biscuit and his Bearcat buddy and making cookies for the football team!
 Michael's 4H team!
 Jaxon enjoying some football, snoozing and smiling!
 We are a family!
Biscuit and his new big brother, Hass, Biscuit kissing Jax and Biscuit in the diaper rash cream!

No comments: