Friday, July 5, 2024

The mystery has been solved... and we are Mexico bound!

 A Mystery Donor and How God Met Our Needs for Mexico and Haiti

For the past few weeks, I’ve been stressed about the lack of funds raised for our mission trip to Casa Hogar Vision de Amor children's home in Acuña, Mexico. With a few people backing out of the trip, our fundraising efforts took a significant hit. Little did I know that the stress wasn't just on me but on another one of our team members, Kimi. As she prayed and asked God for help yesterday morning on her way to work, she felt in her spirit to fast until God revealed the peace she needed. She was obedient and fasted.

Switching gears to Haiti for a minute—if you haven't seen the destruction Haiti is facing right now, a quick search on TikTok will show you the devastating situation. Be warned, it’s bad. The feeding clinic there, which Joy Project Network (JPN) supports, is in desperate need of formula. I have the formula here in Electra, but the cost to ship it is not cheap.

Yesterday evening, around 10 pm, I boxed up all the formula, weighed it, and set it aside, not confident in shipping it until we had raised all the money for Mexico. Time was running out. Would we sacrifice items for Mexico or formula for Haiti? Both needs are equally important.

As I climbed into bed at 12:15 am, my phone dinged. I picked it up and saw that we had received a sizable donation via JPN's CashApp. I was confused because I didn’t recognize the name, and it was after midnight. The donation was the exact amount needed to fund the rest of the trip to Mexico, which would allow me to ship the items to Haiti. This can’t be real!?

I immediately texted a few people who might know the person. Interestingly, the mysterious donor and another team member share the same name, but that team member had no idea who this person was. I started to panic, thinking we had been scammed. CashApp instructed me to verify my identity multiple times, which felt strange too. I decided to unlink my bank accounts because the situation seemed too weird.

A quick Facebook search led me nowhere. A Google search revealed that the "mystery donor" was in Cyber Security. Cue the real panic. Kimi responded to my message about the mystery donor and found him. He was a real person. But how could he possibly know how much money we needed to fully fund our trip?

I checked out his mutual friends, and it turned out that another team member, Carina, had shared about our trip with the mystery donor. He generously donated the remaining money needed for us to complete our mission!

Through our mystery donor, we all witnessed the fruit of Kimi’s obedience, Carina sharing her heart with her friend, and the providence of God. The $2900 worth of formula can now be shipped to Haiti, and our trip to Mexico is fully funded. Through it all, God made a way for every need to be met, just like He promises.

We are in awe of how God works through the hearts of people and orchestrates events in ways we could never imagine. This experience has strengthened our faith and reaffirmed that when we trust in Him, He will provide for our every need. Thank you to everyone who has supported us, and to our mystery donor—your generosity has made a profound impact on both Mexico and Haiti and each member of our team! 

We are still in need of a few items from our Amazon wishlist. If you would like to help us finish our list off you can purchase items and have them sent directly to the children's home director. Shop our Wishlist! 




No comments: